These fire emergency procedures are for the PV 10, Platinum Lake Condo.
- Remain calm and check if there is any sign of fire in the vicinity.
- If you see fire or smoke, or hear the announcement asking you to evacuate, follow the evacuation procedures below.
- If there is no sign of a fire, stay alert and pay attention to announcement until the fire alarm is silenced.
- Evacuate if the alarm has sounded for more than two minutes.
- If you hear the buzzer sound which indicates fire alarm is activated in an adjacent fire zone, stay alert and pay attention to announcement.
- If you hear both the buzzer and the fire alarm, you are near the boundary of fire zones, treat as if you hear the fire alarm.
- Use the Fire Extinguisher
- Report to Guard House.
- Alert other people. If SAFE to do so, try to put out the fire by fire fighting equipment which available at each floor
- DO NOT take any personal risk. If the fire gets beyond your control, evacuate immediately by following the procedures below.
- Close the door of the room on fire.
- Water from the hose reels is good for wood and paper fire, structural fire, but NOT for oil, electrical or metal fire.
- Fire blanket can be used when someone’s clothing catches fire.
When there is a fire and you need to evacuate:
- Remain calm. Walk, do not run, especially when travelling on staircases.
- Immediately leave the building and go to the assembly point (refer to picture below) using the nearest exit.
- Try to help those who may have difficulties travelling such as disabled and pregnant persons.
- DO NOT USE THE LIFTS.
- Report to your Management Team at the assembly point as far as practicable.
- Do not return to the building until permission is given by the BOMBA Officer in charge of the scene.
Remember not to use the lift when there is a fire.
If you are trapped in a lift…
- Remain calm.
- Press the alarm button in the lift, it will alert guard station at Lift Lobby.
- Never try to force open the lift door or get out through the manhole at the ceiling of the lift car. Such attempts may result in fatal accidents.
- Be patient and wait for help.
Filed under: PV 10 Tagged: | Business, Business Services, Elevator, Emergency evacuation, Fire, Fire alarm system, Fire and Security, Fire Extinguisher, General Emergency Procedures, Google, Google Earth, Smoke detector